Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 20 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 181920212223242526>>>
The 'Hello Everyone' Topic
Hi everyone :) I'm Christophe! In my hobbies I'm taking care of "The Lost Forum" website for about 8 years now and started since a few weeks a new blog: "Gamers and Geeks unit" aka G2unit.com. I'm also writting as a freelance for Xbox LIVE France and wrote in the past for a few websites like Mad Movies.
In a few weeks now, which was a hobby is about to become a lot more professional... [to be continued ;)]

0 topics   1 posts
Thought I'd check out your profile Christophe, but Gameleon kept taking me to the forum page, as the word "forum" is in your username url. =P
i.e. http://www.gameleon.net/thelostforum/
I eventually found the following url worked fine though:
http://www.gameleon.net/profile.php?user=thelostforum
=).

14 topics   111 posts
Hi guys,

Anyone know of a Games Designer or Games Programmer looking for an opportunity in the UK, North West? PS3, Xbox 360, Wii development...

Please get in touch if you are keen or can think of anyone that may be interested.

Thanks

Dave
david.goddard@search4tec.com

0 topics   1 posts
I'm Tim Graziano from New Jersey. If anyone was at GameX 2009 in Philly, I was there too. Anyone wanna hit me up, go ahead. :) I sometimes write for WeTheGamers.net (we were the first WeTheGamers... not those WeTheGamerz.com people.)

0 topics   1 posts
Hey everybody! Call me Joe, not Joseph. As cool as it might look written down, it ain't so great to say out loud. I've been running a website called Reaction Time for just under a year now (in fact, four days until a year exactly) and things are finally starting to pick up!

Anyway, been gaming since what I believe to be the ripe old age of 4, and my earliest memories go back to such totally age appropriate games as DOOM, Quake, and Duke Nukem 3D. A few years on I got into Counter-Strike and Starsiege: Tribes, with my Dad sat beside me at all times at first (particularly with Counter-Strike) reminding me that none of it was real, you know, just in case I became some sort of murderer. It was more my Mothers concern than his, but anyway, I then got into some of the BioWare classics, like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, as well as some of the LucasArts' adventures like Sam and Max: Hit the Road, and Full Throttle. I think that's all that needs to be said for my 'gaming history'.

By now you realise I'm big on PC gaming, but that in no way means I'm not into console. I was 'that guy' who had an Xbox and not a PS2 (though I did get one later), and they thought I was mad. Look at the Xbox now, ey?

Yeah, that paragraph was going to be longer, then I decided I didn't want to carry on. Long story short, I'm a college student, 19 years old, been putting all this journalistic writing into practice for the past year as opposed to just writing for pleasure like I did for years before, and my site has just been picked up by The Games Tribe, a UK media firm for independent game sites. Feel free to message me or whatever, I'd love to get to know some like minded people, particularly in the UK! For a website whose tag is "Independent gaming journalism from the UK", there is only one English guy working on it - me. It's a shame, I know.

Ciao!

1 topics   4 posts
Hi, my name is Jordan and about three years ago people started calling me J Rock in real life, but never on the internet. True story.

I tell stories. Sometimes they're made up, but when it comes to "video games" and "journalism" I tell stories about my experiences with games or the things going on in the industry. I enjoy honesty and, ironically, sarcasm.

Have a very nice day. = )

0 topics   3 posts
Ahh the dreaded introduction thread. Well here we go!

My name is Abe Barnes, and with my wife Jen I started NoWorriesGaming.com last year.  Originally, it was the site for our first podcast, Casual Warcrafting.But the people we met along the way, and the friends we made... we decided to open it up and do more.  We exist to help gamers like us (married and middle aged) get the most out of their game-time, and help them balance their passion for gaming around the real world obligations they have.  

We are from Wisconsin in the US... and boy this winter has been rough lol. Gamer or no,we can't wait until it's warm enough we can open up our patioand finally sit outside at night with our laptops.

I have two daughters and a cat, and work from home for my "everyday" job, so to pass the time I play... well everything.  Warcraft and Rift are my MMO choices at the moment, but anything new on the xbox or ps3 gets a play, as well asmost WP7 games.

And...that's about it for us! 

0 topics   1 posts
Ahh the dreaded introduction thread. Well here we go!

My name is Abe Barnes, and with my wife Jen I started NoWorriesGaming.com last year.  Originally, it was the site for our first podcast, Casual Warcrafting.But the people we met along the way, and the friends we made... we decided to open it up and do more.  We exist to help gamers like us (married and middle aged) get the most out of their game-time, and help them balance their passion for gaming around the real world obligations they have.  

We are from Wisconsin in the US... and boy this winter has been rough lol. Gamer or no,we can't wait until it's warm enough we can open up our patioand finally sit outside at night with our laptops.

I have two daughters and a cat, and work from home for my "everyday" job, so to pass the time I play... well everything.  Warcraft and Rift are my MMO choices at the moment, but anything new on the xbox or ps3 gets a play, as well asmost WP7 games.

And...that's about it for us! 
Love the concept, sir. I think there's such an unfilled void for less "hardcore" material for a large group of people who play for fun. 

0 topics   3 posts
Hey guys, thought I'd get myself in on this introducing lark.

I'm Rach, currently based in South Wales, UK. I've been writing about games and gaming since late 2008 although have only really become more active with it recently, mainly because I have limited time with everything I have on my plate already! I currently write for a website here in the UK called OneMetal (shameless plug!)

Its not something I want to turn into my main career but I enjoy my gaming massively and I love writing about it (I spend almost as much time researching and reading through news feeds as writing though!) A nice balance for me would be to be able to write part time and once I've finished my programming course get into that as the other part of my "work".

Now, a bit about my gaming hobbies perhaps? I'm a PC gal, and whilst I occasionally turn my hand to the odd console, you don't often find me on them too often. Most of what you find me writing about is the PC side of things.I've been playing PC games for the past 20 odd years, my dad is a (very much more casual) gamer and he piqued my interest in such things. After a couple of years of playing Civilisation, Dungeon Keeper and Theme Hospital I picked up my first RPG, and I haven't looked back since. When I'm not gaming you can find my usually writing fiction, or studying psychology, or pure maths, or programming, or doing the occasional modelling shoot. I'm addicted to tea and very much wish I could function without sleep to fit more of each of my hobbies into my daily life.

Think that will do for now - feel free to say hi everyone! :)

0 topics   1 posts
Hi All,

I was put onto this site by a friend who suggested it as a recource for any aspiring games writer. I have been gaming my whole life (haven't we all) but the desire to write about gaming has only come about recently due to the lack of satisfaction I have in my current position.

I just recently had my first games review published on www.blackpanel.com.au and got some positive feedback which is nice. I wish to maybe pursue this further as a hobby or even a second income if I am possible.

Apart from gaming I am a keen Rugby League fan and enjoy fishing, golf, music and movies. I am married with 2 crazy but wonderful sons (5 and 2) and they mangage to keep me out of too much trouble.

So thats me in a nutshell, If your up for a game my XBL, PSN and Steam tags are simply Hewso so I am not hard to find.

Cheers.

0 topics   3 posts
Page 20 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 181920212223242526>>>

Moderators: Tom