Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 19 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 17181920212223242526>>>
The 'Hello Everyone' Topic
Greetings everyone,

As a few others on here, I'm a new recruit with The Gamer Studio's journalism school, and as such have no real experience with video game journalism. Nevertheless I am excited about the experience this will give me, and the people I will have the opportunity of meeting.

As a fellow gamer I too have been playing games ever since I can remember. My father had a keen interest in the technological developments of the late 80s and as such I was able to use my first computer at the age of 3. As I grew older I became more interested and involved in the professional gaming scene of timeless games such as Counter-Strike and WC3. In recent years I have prioritized my interest with online competetive gaming, and will continue to do so in the future.

My vivid interest in games, with the addition of my recent degree in Politics and International Relations have the potential of opening up gaming journalism to me. As a result I decided to apply or the journalism school which TGS has offered and I am enthusiastic about what I can learn and achieve.

I look forward to hearing and co-operating with fellow enthusiasts and game journalists. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to ask me any questions or merely send a friendly greeting my way.

Regards,
Patrik Krejci

0 topics   1 posts
Hey Patrick, if you haven't already, you might want to check out www.gamestyleguide.com.
-Cheers

0 topics   1 posts
 Hey guys, I'm Ben I really haven't got much to put about my games journalism side of things here, as I'm still pretty young, and I haven't done anywhere near as much stuff as most of you. But I'll write what I can!

I'm 16 and I currently live in Cardiff. Recently around the last September me and my friend Miles Joliffe (who is signed up here) both had the idea to set up a gaming news/reviews site, as we both are very interested in games and writing. Eventually the site came, (mostly down to Miles) and he started to post up daily news and such. I was more of a reviews writer and have done quite a few for the site along with some articles. Unfortunately we had to put the site on the back-burner for a while, as we both had mountains of revision to do for out GCSE's which we have now finally finished! So as I said I really haven't done much writing, but I'm eager and you've go to start somewhere!

I've been gaming since i was about 5/6 because I remember getting a PS1 for my birthday with Spyro Gateway to Glimmer, still one of my favourite games! Over the years I've just got more and more into gaming, and usually always followed the Playstation side of things right up until the PS3. But i came across a time about a year ago when i had a large amount of money, so i decided to also buy an Xbox 360, along with a new TV. And I'm so glad I love my Xbox nowadays and go on it more than my PS3. I'm also a bit of a peripheral lover; I own all the Rockband equipment and Dj Hero along with other bits and bobs! Feel free to add me on either console, my XBL is Equiinoxz and my Psn ID is weLsh_bEn.

Other interests of mine include acting, I go to a stage school were we do both stage and tv acting. I've also been in a few adverts and other things, but nothing big. Another love of my life is Liverpool FC, I've supported them since I was a very young and will until the day I die, and before you go on about how recently they haven't been great, I know. But I’m sure they will bounce back, they always do!

Apart from that I don't have any other major interests, apart from really being into my music (listening that is) and collecting vinyl’s. The types of genres I mostly enjoy are Drum and Bass and Dubstep. Although I doubt some of you have really heard much in these certain genres, as they are very underground. And before you say Pendulum are Drum and Bass, their not!

Thanks for reading guys, and nice to be here!

0 topics   1 posts
Hello. I'm Andy. You may have seen my games in the bargain bins of your local Asda or perhaps on the EBay account of a disappointed child.

0 topics   1 posts
Hello everyone!

Eric "Nintendo Legend" Bailey here, a lifetime (received NES as a birthday gift from grandmother when I turned 3, which seems ridiculous in hindsight) gamer with an admitted bias towards Nintendo consoles, but recognizing of Wii's shortcomings and can hold my own in an FPS fragfest if I must.

I have no real journalistic experience to speak of, especially as concerns gaming, though I have been freelance writing for a while (a "while" being almost a year) part-time and am only now beginning to explore how my interests in writing and retro gaming can intersect, my website NintendoLegend.com being a key part of this experience.

Always on the look-out for networking opportunities, tips, good reads, good leads, and solid retro-gaming conversations.

0 topics   2 posts
Hey all! I'm a writer of the film and games persuasion who's just trying to climb to the top of the games journo ladder. It's a long, arduous climb.

A little about me: I'm madly in love with all things horror, I fancy myself a decent feature writer (versus news and reviews, which I also enjoy), I like crabs (the good kind), long walks on the beach, and I'm a longtime toast enthusiast.

And if anyone's interested in playing with an average skilled player my gamertag's BabyColada. Don't judge.

0 topics   1 posts
Hey Guys and Gals. My name is James and I'm so glad to have found a really cool network that is all about video games. Did I mention that I also love writing? Well I do, and when you combine writing and video games you can count on the fact that I will be all over that (Holy crap that rhymed!). Other than my love of writing, video games, sports and women, I just love art. I'm not talking about doodling, I am currently an aspiring artist ready to tackle my next masterpiece, whenever I decide that i'm done procrastinating. So don't be alarmed if I start talking about color theories!

The real reason why I'm here; I have been out of high school for 2 years and now that college is coming around I've been starting to get a bit scared about all the writing I'll probably have to do. So my brilliant plan was to surround myself with writers, and then the plan got even more brilliant when I put the word 'game' in front of 'writers' and so this is how I got here.

Really though If anyone is looking for a writer for their blog or website, I'll do some free volunteer work, just to work on my writing. Just send me a message or email to JamesHearts@gmx.com!

0 topics   3 posts
Greetings all,

I'm Leena, from Melboure, Australia. I've always fancied myself a good waffler and au fait with those word things, but it wasn't until earlier this year I decided to smash that interest together against my other love in a rough hewn manner. The result is grassisleena.com and a crush on writing about games.

I'm now the Indie Games Section Editor for Resolution Magazine in the UK, and the games correspondent for Tech Talk Radio here in Melbourne. Along with freelancing here and there. I've had my reviews and articles published in (Fairfax's) The Age Screen Play blog (twice), pwnem.com, play2compete.com, and have articles upcoming for 7bitarcade, and Digital Gaudium.

At the moment I'm a stay at home mum, so freelancing is suiting me really well time management wise. Having no university qualifications my earning power is quite limited and there isn't a lot out there that could cover child care in order for me to go back to full time work. I hope to one day write for a living but realise it's a long way away, and I'll probably have to wait until I have school aged kids to try and live that dream. So for now it's plugging away mostly unpaid and getting some experience, a pool of work under me, networking, and jumping in the deep end until I'm able to kick it up a notch.

It's great to find networks such as this and I really look forward to getting to know you all. :) The sharing of experiences and giving of advice is one of the great acts of charity we have left, and having an easy place to have that exchange is going to make everyone better for it.

Cheers!

0 topics   4 posts
Adam Dodd wrote...
and I'm a longtime toast enthusiast.

=D Woohoo! Toast! ^_^.

14 topics   111 posts
Hey everyone! :) I'm Jo, just thought I'd say hello, errrm about me, I write/blog for Ready Up, and I'm working on putting up my own personal blog at the moment. I love gaming (of course), favourite genres are horror, RPGs and First Person Shooters. Stumbled across this site and decided to put up a tent.

0 topics   1 posts
Page 19 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 17181920212223242526>>>

Moderators: Tom