Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 3 out of 4 | <<<1234>>>
Games you're ashamed you never played
Eric Schild wrote...
Sylvano Witte wrote...
I never played WoW and I'm not ashamed of it.

I didn't say you should be ashamed, but I most certainly think it's irresponsible of anyone who calls themself a game journalist to have not played WoW considering the effect it has had on MMOGs and gaming at large.

That might be, but if you are the guy who specializes in certain reviews, for example only Wii games, you don't have to. If you aren't planning on ever playing a MMO you dont have to. It all depends of what sort of person you are and where you specialize yourself in. Because why would I bother playing WoW and possibly destroy my life if I am never going to play another MMO or RPG.

2 topics   72 posts

That might be, but if you are the guy who specializes in certain reviews, for example only Wii games, you don't have to. If you aren't planning on ever playing a MMO you dont have to. It all depends of what sort of person you are and where you specialize yourself in. Because why would I bother playing WoW and possibly destroy my life if I am never going to play another MMO or RPG.

I don't really think that's how it works. I mean, if you want to be a journalist with a total lack of breadth in experience, hey, by all means, go ahead. I'll be over here, playing everything. Even stuff that's very obviously not for me.

1 topics   33 posts
Eric Schild wrote...

I don't really think that's how it works. I mean, if you want to be a journalist with a total lack of breadth in experience, hey, by all means, go ahead. I'll be over here, playing everything. Even stuff that's very obviously not for me.

Go ahead! I must say that I've played WoW for about two years, but since the Burning Crusade it got from worse to bad. Tough, I just hate FIFA games, journalist or not, I am never going to play a soccer game. Fact.

2 topics   72 posts
I'm gonna have to agree with Eric on this one. Even if you don't plan on reviewing MMO games, or Soccer games you can still rely on the fact that you HAVE played them. Even if I loathe a genre or hate a specific game I'll play it anyway, because it just expands my knowledge and experience.

0 topics   9 posts
Well, in my opinion: you don't have to play it, but I do think that you need to know a lot about these games that have had a great impact. Like, I haven't played a single match in PES in my life, but I do know a lot about how the game works, what options there are, what the game core mechanics are and so on. You can't keep yourself in the dark with these games.

1 topics   17 posts
Sure I know how the game works and stuff, that almost part of my education. Just search of forums, see videos etc. and you'll know you it works. You don't have to play a game for that.

2 topics   72 posts
Sure I know how the game works and stuff, that almost part of my education. Just search of forums, see videos etc. and you'll know you it works. You don't have to play a game for that.

Don't be so naive, there's no replacement for playing a game. Even if it's on a free demo. And there are demos for every major game these days.

1 topics   33 posts
I'd say there are strikingly *less* demos than before. Less substantial ones, at least.

8 topics   62 posts
Eric Schild wrote...

Don't be so naive, there's no replacement for playing a game. Even if it's on a free demo. And there are demos for every major game these days.
Note that I am a hardcore PC-gamer, we never get demos these days anymore! In the ol' days demos were a PC-only thing, now developers only want to lure console-gamers with it... 

2 topics   72 posts
At least the PC games are a lot cheaper now compared to their console versions. Maybe they just don't want to spend any time & money on PC demo's, I can imagine they wouldn't be downloaded a lot with all the piracy releases.

On-topic, I can think of just one game at the time: Shadow of the Colossus. I never had a PS2, but I think that's one I definitely still have to play sometime.

0 topics   3 posts
Page 3 out of 4 | <<<1234>>>

Moderators: Tom