Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 2 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
Tips on writing reviews?
I'll chip and and say "reviews" - in the traditional sense - of old games are next to useless. You'll want to approach it with a fresh perspective, as others have said. Something more analytical, picking the game apart; something more in the realms of criticism rather than consumer advice. Just something to keep in mind. No one will want to know whether the game's worth buying or not any more. But people might be up for hearing some new interesting thoughts on it.

8 topics   62 posts
Make for damn sure you get ALL the basic information right. I recently wrote a review for a larger site where I took the time to play the game as usual but for someone reason mistook the main characters names. I can't tell you how humiliating it was to have a conversation with my editor about the angry email he received from the game's PR after the review went live...uggh.

5 topics   11 posts
That's his responsibility. He's the bloody editor!

8 topics   62 posts
True, what else does he do all day? I ain't going to blame my colleages for not writing articles when I don't write either.

2 topics   72 posts
True, maybe the editor should have check for such details, but that said, when I'm an experienced writer and they're paying me 200 dollars to play a video game, they should probably be able to have a realistic expectation that I'll at least get the main character's name right.

5 topics   11 posts
Page 2 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom