Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 25 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 23242526>>>
The 'Hello Everyone' Topic
Well i guess its my turn

My name is Damien
I am currently in college studying IT and Law. I worked at a little news website called autoomobile.com where i would write a few articules relating to game news, and i am mainly a game reviewer, and writing new articles. I am also a proofreader and have been doing that for around a year, although i do find that aspect incredibly tedious especially when the article isn't about anything i find interesting. I have all nintendo consoles except the wii u, an xbox 360, ps3,ps2,ps4 and a ps vita, and my favourite game of all time is metal gear solid 3 and my favourite series of all time is spyro the dragon, i was a fan of gaming since i started playing my megadrive at the age of 3, and have never looked back since

0 topics   1 posts
Oh gosh, a little nervous about this.

Hey everyone! My name's Megan, I live in a very rural town of Iowa, and I'm recently 18. I'm actually still in high school, finishing up my senior year, and attempting to break into the world of freelance writing, basically alone. I've been writing for years, and I would love to be a freelance writer/journalist. This is a MUCH harder thing to break into then I expected, especially being like me, and having NO experience. So, I decided to begin in trying to break into an even harder industry, but one I adore: Gaming. I've been gaming for years, and now I'm hoping to find a few opportunities to build a portfolio while writing about the things I love.

I can't wait to get to know you all!

0 topics   1 posts
Hey, what's up everybody. My name is Jesse.

I'm a huge jackass who wasted his formal education on a teaching degree instead of going into something I have more passion for, like game development or games journalism. At this point though it seems like finding a job in anything is equally ridiculous, so I might as well have gotten my degree in beekeeping.

I have no formal education in journalism outside of a handful of classes. I have no professional experience writing informative articles outside of a handful of asinine reddit posts and elaborate tumblr blogs. What I am, however, is wordy, opinionated, and determined to master a new field.

Between teaching, writing fiction, and this, I'm pretty much casting every lure I have and just hoping for a bite.
I also hate fishing. Why the hell I went with that analogy is beyond me.

0 topics   1 posts
Hi there, I'm Will.

I've been interested in video games since I was about 5 and I've been interested in the video game industry for almost as long. I really enjoy both playing games and writing about them and have started to work on my own blog looking at industry issues.

However this blog doesn't get many views at all, it's like a ghost town, so I'm looking to move into something more mainline. Either that or I'm looking for some help in growing my own blog.

I'm still in formal education, and will be for sometime, but am looking for something online I can get my teeth into, either my own thing or helping someone else out.

I live in Reading in the UK but will be moving to Birmingham in September for university.

0 topics   1 posts
Hi everyone! My name is Daan, I'm 18 years old and I currently reside in the Netherlands.

Ever since I read a certain review about Uncharted 2, I knew what I wanted to be: a games journalist. I had that game myself and beat it a few times, so I felt I had enough experience to write a review myself. I just started writing and things started rolling from there. I was only 13 years old at the time, but now, five years later, I'm a proud member of OC3D's News Team.

It's not exclusively games I write about, but since I love computer hardware it's great to have some variation.

All writing experience aside, I've been into video games since my parents got me a Teletubbies video game for me to play on their PC when I was as young as 3 years old. Boy did they make a mistake. Video games have since been a major interest of me, and now that I'm in the middle of my finals, I still can't resist playing video games when I should probably be studying. Then again maybe it was dumb to start playing Dark Souls a week before my finals. Anyway, next year I'm starting my Journalism course in 'Zwolle'. I'm really looking forward to that.

Apart from video games and hardware, I love listening to music and reading. Now that I come to think of it, I may be a bit of an introvert. As for music, I listen to the more heavy stuff, ranging from Avenged Sevenfold to Asking Alexandria. Don't worry though, I still like 'normal' music.

I joined Gameleon to connect with other (aspiring) Journalists and grow my network in the industry. Besides, I love being active on forums, so I jump on every single opportunity to join another one.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys around here.

Cheers!

0 topics   1 posts
Hello people!
I'm Pratham, a young chappy gamer from India. I've been gaming since the age of 4, I'm 14 right now (Hope you all don't have a problem with my young age) I'm extremely mature. I've loved writing and discussing about specific things. I was searching the web for freelance writing on video games and a result was GameLeon. I though, "Hmm... Let me sign up." Once I signed up, It said my info will be reviewed and on the basis of that, my account will be approved. I read that and I was like no way! It won't ;-;, but to my surprise it was approved 14 hours ago, since the time this message is being typed. I'm looking forward for a good time here!

0 topics   1 posts
Hi guys,

I'm James, currently studying at Huddersfield University (doing business & journalism), but I want to get my foot in the door doing something I truly love; writing about video games. It's my passion (besides playing them, of course) as I like to share my experiences with others.

I currently write for my own blog and do volunteer work for Australian gaming website Non-Fiction Gaming. They put out some really cool stuff like reviews, features and news on releases and esports, but I would like to ideally get into this stuff full time after finish my degree.

Some of my favourite games: Dark Souls, MGS, Batman Arkham, Fallout, Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and indies like Octodad and Shovel Knight.

Also Will, I feel your pain :D

0 topics   1 posts
Hey everyone.. I'm Dorit 25 from the north of England loved games since a young age.. got my first game boy colour when i was 8.. been hooked since then. Written for a few gaming websites and got my own blog on classic sitcoms.. looking to get more into writing about gaming.

0 topics   1 posts
Hi everyone!

I'm Alex, hailing from the UK, and actually didn't study anything related to this. I recently graduated with an MSc in Marine Biology, however gaming and writing (combined where possible) have been hobbies of mine for many years on and off. I have recently started a blog where I hope to build up some more experience but otherwise am currently an amateur. Many years ago (I think I was about 12) I ran a fan-website for Kingdom Hearts, but it has long since closed and been lost in the depths of the internet. I then was part of a radio station and helped out with the video gaming news show for a bit. Now I am just hoping to improve and hopefully get a chance at making this a career!

If anyone has any advice for a novice like myself, it would certainly help :D

0 topics   1 posts
Hello Alex, =). A few years ago, The Games Tribe contributed some advice to this site, via a number of blog posts: http://www.gameleon.net/thegamestribe/blog/&category_id=56

Meanwhile, Nathan Meunier [ http://www.gameleon.net/NathanMeunier/ ] runs a Facebook group for videogame freelancers that offers lots of support for budding writers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/520935481358750/
Nathan also publishes some ebooks that may be useful.

My advice would be to never give up, and keep writing, =).
Your blog sounds like a great step in that regard, =).

You can also keep an eye out on our jobs board for various opportunities. http://www.gameleon.net/browse_jobposts.php
I know Pocket Gamer used to keep running an internship every few months, they would advertise with us, and on their own site: www.pocketgamer.co.uk/feature.asp?c=60592

Spread the word! Invite your fellow game journalists to join.

6 topics   37 posts
Page 25 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 23242526>>>

Moderators: Tom