Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 23 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 212223242526>>>
The 'Hello Everyone' Topic
Don't think the picture went up, oops.

2 topics   8 posts
Student.Journalist.Writer.Occasional Bard.Strong Believer in the Norse Gods, and a fascination with Shaving Foam. I work as the editor over at Robotgeek. I'm a pretty swell guy to be around. In my spare time, I stunt double for the Hulk, and also am ping-pong champion of the world in 2004. Kidding. 2006.

I also have a compulsive desire to lie.

I'm a writer first and foremost, be it articles, anecdotes, surreal tweets about the mundane (I do this one a lot.) I also tried writing a screenplay about my birth, but there were only so many ways I could play around with the lines and I had difficulty thinking of a delivery.

My likes include : Long walks on the beach, Sightseeing of Federal Penitentiaries, driving in reverse, feeding me regurgitated food like a mother Seagull feeding its young.

My Dislikes : Walking, Weirdos, Alliteration of any kind, Uzbekistan, racists.

I'm technically a Catholic, a technicality I hope to use to get into heaven if I turn out to be wrong, (which I won't be, I'm a man.)

Hope this suffices for an introduction!

0 topics   3 posts
I would like to welcome you all to the site.

7 topics   29 posts
Hi everyone!

My name is James, I'm finishing up a games development degree and when I leave I have high hopes about moving to America with my close personal friend to pursue a career in the games industry as a writer.

My hobbies include all the standard stuff that makes me sound more interesting (writing, reading, weight lifting, running and very amateur parkouring). But I also have a few more out there hobbies such as extreme cooking! (basically you had flare and danger when trying to cook even the most basic of food). I also like exploring the areas of where I live and walk for hours at a time. I do have somewhat of a death wish that causes my doctor and mother to get angry with me.

My writing style is all over the place; but in a good way. I write editorials, opinion pieces, scripts/screenplays, short stories etc.

Hopefully one day I'll get my big break but for now I am just trying to get a degree and have a bit of fun writing about my favorite past-time.

0 topics   1 posts
G'day all,

I'm Ben, I have been running a gaming community website for a few years now as a hobby but recent events and leads have lead me into the crazy hard world of "Game Journalism".
I love to design things, creation is in my blood! Not literally so don't get any funny ideas... Moving on, I am a farther to 3 girls and its a nightmare but in a nice kind of way and I'm very much a "Family Man".

I would like to make some like minded friends who have similar interest in the games industry as a lot of my friends and family tend to not understand my work. This seems like a good place to start making some great contacts and look forward to chatting some more. =)

I would just like to add that out of all the things I have written in the past, this has to be one of the hardest, I feel like a kid that is starting a new school, will they accept me as one of there own? will I get bullied by that big kid "Tom"? Ha ha.

1 topics   3 posts
 Hi! I'm Gerald Martin though everyone calls me Gerry. I've had my own site that I've maintained on and off for several years and I've written for my alma mater's college newspaper for Gaming as well as having run the campus radio station (which broadcast world-wide thanks to the webstreaming I got set up for us). 

I was a regular attender of GDC in San Francisco until finances hit a rough patch. I'm hoping to start attending again soon now that I have a near dream job in IT. I was also invited to the Play Event for Warhammer 40K: Space Marine last August and I have some of my best interviews posted on Youtube. 

I'm looking for  freelance opportunities for writing at the moment. I have samples of my work posted on here so please give me feedback on them if you'd like. The more critiques I have, the better a writer I can be.

Non-game-writing aside, I'm a huge bibliophile with a massive library and I am active in Amateur Radio (callsign KJ4EIU). If you also ever need pics of a gaming system from the 80s on in America, I have almost every one made (still missing a Turbografx 16, Neo Geo, Lynx, and Jaguar). Finally I was able to acquire a CDi recently thanks to my Goodwill store hunting. 

I look forward to talking with everyone here on the site!  

0 topics   1 posts
Hey, I'm Tony and unlike all you other guys before me i have not been part of all these impressive publications and websites. I write well and am willing to work hard to shove my way into the world of gaming journalism.

Through this wbsite I am hoping just to be noticed as a writer as I have written a fair amount of short stories but I am truly a gamer at heart having been gaming since I was about 5 years old.

I am still in school and am just about to begin my A-levels although I seem to have a lot of free time which I have decided to fill with my hobbies of gaming and writing. So what I am really hoping for is that someone wants a young writer to write for young readers.

So yeah nice to meet you all and ... caio from the Northern Irish Nerd :P

0 topics   1 posts
Hey Everyone,
My name is Tin Salamunic and I'm the founder and president of the newly launched video game site, The Game Scouts (www.thegamescouts.com)
W
e are currently in BETA and will officially launch later this year. The site is open to the public for suggestions and customer feednack so we would be honored if you could stop by and let us know what you think! 

thanks everyone,
-Tin Salamunic

0 topics   1 posts
Hi all. I'm mostly print based, but my work appears online as well. My writing appears in a weekly newspaper and a genre magazine

0 topics   3 posts
 Hey there all!

Obligotary introductory paragraph incoming with rapid acceleration I'm afraid.

Name's Dan Curtis. I'm 22, live in the North East of the UK and after graduating Uni in 2011 with a degree in magazine journalism I've been pursuing a writing career all over the place.

I currently work as a content editor for a firm, writing content for E-commerce websites. My real passion, however, lies in gaming journalism which is why I own, write for and generally do all kinds of stuff for XperiencePoint.com.

In the past I've worked in a number of senior editorial roles for various sites across the net and am known for my slightly witty writing stylé and also on Youtube in various daft videos as well.

I'm a gamer at heart and always have been, owning most systems and a collection of retro stuff.

0 topics   1 posts
Page 23 out of 26 | <<<12345 ... 212223242526>>>

Moderators: Tom