Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 2 out of 26 | <<<1234 ... 2223242526>>>
The 'Hello Everyone' Topic

Hi everyone, I think I recodnise a few faces from the Games Press forum, I guess that's how I got mailed to join this site.

I'll try and sum it up short 'n sweet!

I've been involved writing voluntarily for various video game sites from around '06, and started my first paid work about 9 months ago.

I'm also a second year student at Teesside uni on a games design course. As well as studying I've been working on a game for the iPhone and iPod Touch, which is due for release on the app store very soon.

I'm a 3D artist and also trying to handle all PR for our newly formed studio, so if there are any iPhone/iPod Touch reviewers lurking around please get in touch.

Our start-up studio will be running full time over my placement year, after that I'll be going back to university to complete my final year, then, who knows! 

1 topics   17 posts

What fun, I guess I'll jump in too.

I'm Brad and I've been writing about games for about 3 years now. I started off with a little site called Gamelemon.com (just one letter off this site!) and still contribute to them from time to time. After about 6 months working there I got picked up by WorthPlaying.com, and that remains one of my main outlets. I went to GDC in '07 and there met a couple guys from Kombo.com and came aboard that site a few months later. Now I'm the head of editorials and features for Kombo, as well as a co-host on the Kombo Breaker weekly podcast. I've worked at a couple other places but won't bore you with the details, and I'm an infrequent contributor to GameRevolution.com.

If you're at the shows you'll likely run into me, as I try to make the rounds at GDC and E3 every year, though it's always so crazy I'm usually just a blur zipping by. :) I'll be at E3 next month so maybe I'll run into some of you there.

At any rate, I love writing and gaming with equal measure, so hopefully I can turn this into a career. Things are a bit rough right now with the economic problems, but I'm trying to keep my chin up. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I hope to run into some of you out in the field.

2 topics   0 posts

Well, Hello Everyone as the topic says..............

Having read all of your "Hello" messages I feel put to shame, I have only been writing about games for a few months. I've been an avid writer for a few years, starting in high school writing movie reviews for a friends hobby magazine and then on his website.

Being a massive games fan I've always wanted to write about the industry and review games. So I created a blog in January and a podcast in April and haven't looked back since.

I have a few writers over at Hi-Score, but it's mainly a home for our writing while we hone our craft, until we can take the site to the next level or find a home with an established site.

Not sure how I got the e-mail for this site but I'm assuming it was from games press.

It's great to have a site like this for new starters like myself.

Anyway, That's me really. I hope to get to know a few of you guys and gals here!

Daniel (Strybe)

0 topics   0 posts

I'm in a similar boat to Strybe.  Honestly, I am a rookie amongst pro's.

I'm head reviewer over at XboxInsider; I've been working there for a few months as my "breakout" into the games industry and I've not been able to stop loving it since I started.

I'm a 25 year old Australian, I've been enjoying games since my C64 way-back-when, and my Amiga 500 (what a beast it was!).  This love then blossomed into something beautiful when I got my first of two PS2's, and even more again when I got my first of two X360's.

Both myself and my lovely fiance are both heavily into gaming, and we both love writing.  For me to become a reviewer was always a dream, to be honest, and now that I'm doing it on the side...well, it's a wonderful feeling.

I've been lurking around GamesPress and heard of this place, so I'd thought I'd come over and have a look around.

0 topics   1 posts

I am a bit late in posting my introduction here, but better late than never, right?

I found out about Gameleon via Games Press, which seems to be the trend. After relatively infrequent updates at Colin Campbell's Ning network page, I held hope that this site would become the new destination for established and new members of the gaming-related press corps.

I've been writing semi-professionally since 2001, getting my first gig for About.com before the dot-com collapse. From there, I've had small gigs here and there, with my more notable stops at PSX Extreme, GamePlasma, and Games Are Evil. I've been taking some time off since late last year due to a move back with family and some monetary issues (tough to review games when you can't afford 'em), but am now looking for the right opportunity to come along and am hoping I might see something here as time goes on.

When I'm not playing games, I work 5-6 nights per week as a karaoke host / disc jockey... so I stay up through the night and sleep during the morning and early afternoon.

It's nice to meet everyone!

0 topics   4 posts

Hi! Some folks here will recognize me from the Video Game Journos board, another haunt I frequent. A bit about myself:

I'm currently a full-time freelance writer / game journalist who covers video games and geek culture. I've written for a lot of different outlets, but at the moment my work primarily appears with some regularity at The Escapist, Cheat Code Central, IGN's Green Pixels, and GamesRadar. Prior to going freelance full-time in the gaming industry, I worked as a reporter for a weekly newspaper for five years.

On top of my steady gaming-related writing gigs, I'm in the research/interview/proposal phase of a book I'm working on about the music of geek and gamer culture (chiptunes, nerdcore hip hop, video game cover bands, etc.).

I just put a new work blog/website up. I don't have all of my work from the past few years posted, and I'll only be posting a selection of my upcoming published articles, but it's a good place to check out what I've been up to.

http://nathanmeunier.wordpress.com/

...and Twitter:http://twitter.com/nmeunier

6 topics   34 posts

I too am from GamesPress. There's a bit more detailed history on my profile, but currently I'm working on a new version of a site dedicated to RPGs. Hi everyone!

0 topics   2 posts

hey Jack,

it was basically more out of concern at first - I didnt want them playing anything that wasnt suitable when they were that young !and of course I found there was loads more "good" than "bad" games. After I first played Spyro ,I was hooked although the kids had to catch those egg men for me

currently chasing down the UK publishers for point and clicks are proving more challenging then some of the games. Big in USA and Europe but not so much here. Sigh

1 topics   8 posts

Hello, everyone.

My name's Josh, and I feel a bit out of my league. I've only been writing since the beginning of 2009 (professionally, that is), but I'm hoping to keep doing it for a long time to come. My first successful article was actually a non-paid piece of work, for a site called Evil Avatar. I wrote a detailed account of a playthrough of Fallout 2 as approached by someone who had never played the game, and was promptly staggered by the positive response it garnered. Since then, I knew that this would be a fantastic job.

I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (Where the beaches are sunny and it's always spring break), but write for an american-based website called VGGEN.com. I'm a university student during the school year, with three years of a bachelor's in english under my belt, and one to go, with the intention to enter Law school afterwards. Part time during the school year and full time during the summers, I work as a licensed private investigator in and around Saskatoon.

Favorite Genre is Fighters, typically of the 2D variety, but I do love Smash Bros. and like Soul Calibur a fair bit. When I'm not pummeling people, I play a nice relaxing shooter - perhaps a round of Dustbowl in TF2, or some Slayer on Sandbox. And when I'm not doing THAT, I'm either grinding my Blood Elf Pally or my Elvaan Red Mage, or making my way through RPGs of the non- MMO variety.

I have to say, this site is pretty slick. I look forward to spending some time here.

0 topics   6 posts
Joshkdmw wrote...

Hello, everyone.

licensed private investigator

uhhh COOL

2 topics   26 posts
Page 2 out of 26 | <<<1234 ... 2223242526>>>

Moderators: Tom