Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games I... » Games Development    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
Family Farm
Hello everyone!

We are an independent studio Hammerware, s.r.o. Today we are unveiling our title in development with an Easter-themed clip.

Family Farm is essentially farming tycoon boosted with time-management style of play and focus on character development similar to
RPGs. We plan it for PC and Wii.

Check the website:
http://www.familyfarmgame.com

Please tell me what you feel about the game, website, etc. I would like to hear your opinion!

Hammerware developer
Follow us:  www.twitter.com/hammerware/
2 topics   11 posts
It seems like the success of FarmVille has inspired a lot of developers these days. "Farming" may become a game genre of it's own one day :P

Besides the obvious inspiration source, FamilyFarm looks great. Graphics are really nice. Besides that there is nothing much to say, as the site does not provide any more info about gameplay or other game aspects, but so far it looks good.

Keep us informed on the progress!

5 topics   52 posts
Well, FarmVille is huge now, but we started our project before it took off. We benefited from MEDIA Programme of EU for which we sent proposal in 2008, so we didn't know about FV at that time. Our inspiration is Harvest Moon.

I agree that farming is a genre of it's own! In the same way hospital is common shooting place for soap operas ;)

Hammerware developer
2 topics   11 posts
It actually [i]looks[/i] good, graphically speaking that is. The game itself will definitely appeal to those who like Harvest Moon and tycoon style games.

3 topics   34 posts
I read in the press release it's going to release on Mac as well, but you did not mention this in this topic. A Mac version would definitely be a plus! (just bought myself an iMac ;-))

5 topics   52 posts
We are using platform-independent libraries so I hope we will run on Mac. We are also thinking about iPad, but it's far from guaranteed..

Hammerware developer
2 topics   11 posts
A springtime video showing a little bit of gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGUgfHu7pU

Hammerware developer
2 topics   11 posts
Looks like it's going to be good :). It looks like a cross between the Tycoon games and Harvest Moon in terms of controls.

3 topics   34 posts
Yeah, the top-down view of planning mode has been an experiment executed a few days ago and it seems that combining different views is a good way to go... :)

Hammerware developer
2 topics   11 posts
Another month is gone so time to show off our work!
Expansion of farm, building of corrals and house upgrade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z13zTqANfdo&hd=1

Hammerware developer
2 topics   11 posts
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom