Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Video - TV Shows ...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 2 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
GameState: South African Online Gaming TV
That was the demo I played at the PlayStation House tour they did around shopping centres here in the UK. =P I didn't actually manage to get past the centaur though, =P. I couldn't have pressed circle with the correct timing, as I got thrown off his back.

The game looks impressive, and your enthusiasm for the title was evident.
I have to say I was pretty surprised at how underwhelming I found it when I got my mitts on the game. =P I went to both The Nintendo House at Lakeside, and the PlayStation house at Westfields London, trying to figure out if I should get a Wii or a PS3 (am still playing NES, Saturn, and PS2 at home)...and to be honest, I found I enjoyed the DS games being demonstrated the most.

I filmed a playtest of God of War 2 at E3 2006, and Chains of Olympus on PSP at E3 2007, and both looked so exciting (at least from behind the camera)....but this was the first time I'd played God of War 3, and it didn't feel next-gen enough. =P I felt like I was playing Devil May Cry on my PS2 back in 2002. Didn't quite feel worth £250 for a whole new console, when I was basically doing the same things I had done last gen.

Of course, it was interesting hearing you talk of the story, and how cool the epic scale of everything in the game is. These things lead me to believe if I sat down and spent time with the other games in the series or indeed this latest iteration, I could come to appreciate it as a franchise.

For now, I feel, if I end up with a PS3, it'll be a cool action game to get, but probably not enough to convince me PS3 is the next-gen console for me, at this point. =P I'd probably be better off buying the originals up cheap for my PS2. =P [Although the trilogy pack is tempting...if only it wasn't priced so high! =P].

As for your video content - you were straight in there with relevant commentary, whilst GOW3 itself is a spectacle worth observing, so I didn't lose interest in the opening moments as I had done with the Bayonetta first impressions.

However, whilst good, I wouldn't describe talking whilst a game demo runs as: "fresh and different".

14 topics   111 posts
No GOW3 fanboys shouting me down? Ahh well...;-).

Anyway, hope someone else checks out GameState, 'cos it's a solid effort.

14 topics   111 posts
Hahaha! I'm surprised that no fanboys are freaking out! But Andrew, you definitely need to take a swing at GOW. It's nothing revolutionary, but it's a great example of an extremely polished title.

I pretty much enjoy all games, no matter what console they're on really.

And point taken: it's not fresh aand different. But is it entertaining?

1 topics   6 posts
I'm sure with more time, I could get into it. But I did only have 10mins or so on it at the PS House. Kept messing up the glide jump just before the Centaur, ;-).

As for your videos, I think they're solid basically. That is to say, any feedback you get is only gonna enable you to take it from 90% to 91% or 92%....y'know, just like tweaking an already good production. I think key to their success is about how you're gonna get more people to know about them and watch them, and of course, keep those who do watch one vid, coming back for more.

14 topics   111 posts
Page 2 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom