Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Print - Magazines...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
Kill Screen - New magazine starting up

Recently I discoverd an interesting project: Kill Screen

Basically it's a new games magazine starting up. They are looking for project funding, using Kickstarter. It looks like they are going to achieve their target funding so there might soon be a new player in town.

Here's what they're proposing -- a smart approach to a beloved medium led by folks who've written for the New Yorker, GQ, the Daily Show, Christian Science Monitor, LA Times, the Colbert Report, the Onion, Paste, alongside some lovely photos and even a poster or two! We promise to keep explosions to a bare minimum and limit fawning praise for Modern Warfare 2 to a giggle.

Among the people backing this project up is N'Gai Croal - a full list is available here. If you want to back Kill Screen up or just want to read more about this project, this is the place to go.

5 topics   52 posts
Best of luck, maybe they can do a hit piece on how stupid Fox news reporters are when it comes to video gaming.

2 topics   22 posts
Thanks for that, =).

14 topics   111 posts
Kill Screen successfully raised its funding! Updates on this project can be found here.

5 topics   52 posts
Man, that Kickstarterwebsite is amazing. Definetly worth trying out. I need some funds for a project. Sure as hell going to try to get it there! Thanks for the heads up mate!

1 topics   17 posts
Misha Scholte wrote...
Man, that Kickstarterwebsite is amazing. Definetly worth trying out. I need some funds for a project. Sure as hell going to try to get it there! Thanks for the heads up mate!
We should of have used it for Gameleon.net's funding

Spread the word! Invite your fellow game journalists to join.

6 topics   37 posts
Hmmm, American adress... American bankaccount. Error!

1 topics   17 posts
Ugh, I hate those US-only sites, there are also other countries you know!

2 topics   72 posts
Ugh, I hate those US-only sites, there are also other countries you know!
They got to start somewhere I think they will go internationally when the time is right, I don't think you can expect from them to support all countries from the beginning. Would love to see the Kickstarter go international soon though!

5 topics   52 posts
I'm actually writing a one-off editorial for them in Issue 2#. They ship internationally, so I can see my own published name. Been a dream of mine to be published before I turn 16, and now it has happened, feels good man.

They're a new type of games journalism, from what I gather, something similar to what the likes of myself and Anthony Burch have been pioneering for sometime. Has stemmed from sites such as The Escapist and Destructoid, all wanting to look deeper into videogame culture and its true ways that it could expand within. In other words, be as pretentious as possible while talking about videogames! I kid of course.

0 topics   11 posts
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom