Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Off Topic » Not Game Related    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Movies?
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, there are forms of media other than video games. I'm also a pretty big film buff.

Let's discuss movies. Watch any good ones lately?

Moon opened near me last weekend. I've been following it for a while, had to go see it. It was fantastic! Basic gist - indie sci-fi movie from Duncan Jones (David Bowie's son) about a He-3 miner on the moon named Sam. Sam starts to go a bit nutty after a few years up there. If you're curious about Moon, I wrote up a few thoughts - www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2009/06/22/moon-a-different-kind-of-science-fiction/.

I can't wait to see the next Harry Potter movie next month. I'm a fan of the books and the fifth movie was excellent.

1 topics   1 posts
A local rental place went out of business so I picked up a ton of DVDs. I have recently watched:
One Missed Call, Antwone Fisher, John Q, Total Recall, Die Hard, Poltergeist, Corpse Bride, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, The Godfather Part II.

5 topics   11 posts
To be honest, I don't watch movies very often anymore. I watch series like True Blood, Dollhouse, Harper's Island, Lie to Me and Eureka.

3 topics   31 posts
I think there weren't many really awesome movies released the couple of last years. Sure, stuff like The Dark Knight and Milk were good movies, but the epicness and the... feel that other great movies had were missing at those. When I watched Resevoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction for the first time, I could feel the rawness, the tough life, the... Well, it's hard to explain. But with those movies I felt right away that it was awesome and the chronological fuck-ups of Tarantino were amazing. At the end of Pulp Fiction I went to puzzle a little bit with the parts of the movies and then you see that:

- It starts in the present
- Then goes to the past
- Then the future
- Then past again
- Then present again

Genius? Yes! The same goes for Resevoir Dogs, since the movie is all based around one scene. What's so special 'bout that you ask? Well, that whole scene doesn't appear in the whole movie! Brilliant!

2 topics   72 posts
Slumdog Millionaire! (Y)

1 topics   17 posts
Slumdog Millionaire was good, I'm really fond of Danny Boyle now. Sunshine and 28 Days Later are now amongst my favourite films. I've been going to the cinema more often recently than I did before, but I haven't really seen anything that's come out recently. Star Trek was good, Ice Age 3 was lacklustre, Drag Me To Hell was refreshing, apart from that nothing else has caught my eye.

I've now been renting DVDs of pretty much whatever's popular on culturerater.com and anything else that's vaguely interested me.

0 topics   1 posts
Star Trek is definitely my favorite movie of 2009 so far. I saw Drag Me to Hell and thought it was pretty damn good as far as jumpy, creepy, ridiculous horror movies go.

1 topics   3 posts
Stew Shearer wrote...
A local rental place went out of business so I picked up a ton of DVDs. I have recently watched:
One Missed Call, Antwone Fisher, John Q, Total Recall, Die Hard, Poltergeist, Corpse Bride, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, The Godfather Part II.

Please say you didn't get the American version of One Missed Call.

1 topics   7 posts

Moderators: Tom