Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Video - TV Shows ...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>
GamePAD
So weird watching re-runs of GamePad on Virgin 1 last night. =P

14 topics   111 posts
Ha, I agree. It was certainly very strange.

0 topics   7 posts
Whilst I've every respect for Violet and Gareth (who impressed me in Bad Influence and How 2 respectively), it does seem odd to air such dated footage when the internet has its fair share of up-to-date video podcasts on the subject.

Well...I've sent an email to enquire if they're interested in commissioning more up-to-date stuff. If I hear anything back, I'll let ya' know.

14 topics   111 posts
That would certainly be interesting. I'd love to have a crack at something like that, to be honest, but, you know...lack of money/people to do it with/time...

0 topics   7 posts
Well, it's just commissioners....
You email them an idea, and if they like it, they give you the money, and you use it to get people, or else team up with a production company. Although I won't pretend I've ever done the whole TV marlarkee before - so haven't done that before.

It suddenly struck me though...
Videogamer.com had a deal with virginmedia, to supply them editorial for their homepage/portal...visiting said page, ( http://www.virginmedia.com/games/gamesshow/ ) I see Virgin already have a videogames show online, called Games Blitz. =P Why isn't that on TV? =P
Ahhh well...^_^

14 topics   111 posts
...I'm watching TV on the internet nowadays anyway, =P ^_^

14 topics   111 posts
Putting the record straight: Just heard from Adam, and Videogamer.com have nothing to do with Virgin's Games Blitz, which he called the dullest show ever. =P

14 topics   111 posts
Just heard back from Virgin:
"I'm sorry to say we are no longer commissioning any gaming programme.
It's something we either acquire or pre-buy at a very small price or as you can see, repeat.
Ratings for these kind of shows have always tended to be quite small numbers and right now we are only commissioning in our primetime slots of 9 and 10pm."

14 topics   111 posts
Well, that's unfortunate, really. I could imagine a proper games program that is actually done by gamers (looks at Gamezville judgingly) getting a lot of viewers if it was advertised right and on a decent channel. I'd certainly watch a good gaming program.

I'd still love doing something like that, though. I could totally do something like Top Gear for gaming. That would be...astonishing.

0 topics   7 posts
On the one hand, anyone can make a games show now, and upload it to YouTube, on the other hand, a TV commission would give you the necessary financial budget to do something, as you say, astonishing.

Virgin's email ended by suggesting one approach a website instead.
It could be that channels see this sort of thing best suited to the web,
even when people working on video podcasts might bemoan the lack of TV's big budgets.

All that said, we've Channel 5's Nintendo sponsored Britain's Best Brain, and BBC FOUR's Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe to look forwards to in the next year. =P
Although neither will be a GamesMaster or Bad Influence, nor a Top Gear.
Ho Hum.

14 topics   111 posts
Page 1 out of 2 | <<<12>>>

Moderators: Tom