Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Print - Magazines...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Megaton
I might be a bit late noticing, since it's been out since the end of Feb, and there have been two press releases about it on GamesPress ( here and here respectively) but I just bought myself issue #1 of new videogames magazine Megaton, =). The graphic design is immense. The content is incredibly accessible, coming in short bitesized paragraphs, about characters, levels, game features, whatever..., and the game is summed up using dialogue between robots [each a fan of specific genres], before the editor robot gives it a final rating. All the games seem to be hyped up tonnes, with overly-enthusiastic editorial, so I dunno if they're in bed with publishers, but the scores in the issue did range from 6 to 10, even if the game that scored 6 sounded as positive as the one that scored 10, ^_^ (although pros and cons were addressed, the editorial tone never stops being upbeat). Oh...and it's aimed at kids aged 8 to 12. But that just means it comes with free stickers, and comic strips too, ^_^...which I know you all want, =).

It's edited by Matt Yeo, whose background is apparently with Paragon, EMAP Images, Egmont, Bulletproof and TOXIC.
The mag's published by Skyjack, and the website's made by Eurogamer...ooooh...!
=)

Issue #2 comes out Thursday.

14 topics   111 posts
It looks like Megaton has found a good niche in the videogames magazine market. It's added to the games publications directory here.

5 topics   52 posts

Moderators: Tom