Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » General Games Jou...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
When are people a fanboy?
 As a volunteer I work as a game journalist for a small website. On one of the biggest Dutch gamingwebsites, I had a discussion with some one. He calls me a 'Sony Fanboy' for the following reason: 

At this site there is a newspost where Square Enix is telling that Final Fantasy XIII didn't lose any qualitiy with the port to the Xbox 360. 
- his reaction on this was: I hope that this time no fanboy will say that the Xbox360 version isn't as good as the PlayStation 3 version. But if they do, they will find something else to complain about.
- my reaction to this was: Well, when I looked at the video's that where shown at the E3 of both Sony and Microsoft, I and many others who I was with then though that FF XIII looked less good on the 360 then on the PS3. 

But I saw those videos of the 360 version when FFXIII was only two month being worked on for the 360. Everybody who has some comment on the 360 that it is less good as the PS3, he's a Sony Fanboy. 

But when I said that, I was a Sony fanboy because people of Square Enix are saying that the quality will be the same and I though otherwise. 

Now, to my fellow gamejournalists, am I a Sony Fanboy with this reaction? And when are people a real fanboy?

1 topics   13 posts
no, you're not a Sony fanboy for that reaction. You expressed an arguable opinion that yesterday I stated to myself when watching footage of the 360 version. I knew instantly that this was obviously of less graphical quality.

However, the state of being a fanboy is relative to what you think it is. I think it's when you fervently defend one franchise/company/console without acknowledging its flaws, or while denying its faults. The guy who called you a Sony fan boy shows early symptoms of a microsoft fan boy

3 topics   8 posts
First of all, when Square Enix comments on the quality of a Final Fantasy game, it doesn't mean shit. Especially when the game is still being developed. Claims like these are 10% based on facts, 40% marketing and 50% ego, and 38% of all statistics are made up on-the-fly. ;)

Besides, you can't possibly have a reasonable discussion with people that freak out when someone says something bad about de 360. The same goes for the PS3 or the Famicon, for that matter. Hell, the number of people that wanted me six feet under for awarding 'GTA: San Andreas' with 2/5 points...

I think it's fairly safe to say the PS3 version of FFXIII will look better than the 360 release, nothing fanatic about that.

0 topics   6 posts
Mark Hidding wrote...
First of all, when Square Enix comments on the quality of a Final Fantasy game, it doesn't mean shit. Especially when the game is still being developed. Claims like these are 10% based on facts, 40% marketing and 50% ego, and 38% of all statistics are made up on-the-fly. ;)

Besides, you can't possibly have a reasonable discussion with people that freak out when someone says something bad about de 360. The same goes for the PS3 or the Famicon, for that matter. Hell, the number of people that wanted me six feet under for awarding 'GTA: San Andreas' with 2/5 points...

I think it's fairly safe to say the PS3 version of FFXIII will look better than the 360 release, nothing fanatic about that.

I had the same thing on my first website. We gave that game 6 instead of a 8 or 9.

3 topics   31 posts
You are a fanboy if you make excuses and have a bias instead of reporting facts. Based on your text, I'd suspect they other guy is a 360 fanboy, which is supported also by the fact that the 360 is a piece of shit.

0 topics   6 posts

Moderators: Tom