Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games J... » Audio - Podcasts ...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
OHMSS on Sarcastic Gamer - feedback appreciated!
 Hi guys,

Myself and a couple of UK-based Sarcastic Gamer cohorts got together a few months back and started up what is now known as On Her Majesty's Sarcastic Service, acting as a semi-official UK accompaniment to Sarcastic Gamer's repertoire of American podcasts (as the site is primarily American-staffed). We've been doing well over the past 16 episodes, pulling in decent download figures (4 figure sums, but I don't want to disclose more than that for now) and so I figured I'd ask Gameleon for some thoughts on the podcast.

OHMSS features myself and two English hosts (known as Captain Average and Mighty Mutt) taking our picks of each week's news and giving it a thoroughly British going over, condensed into about 30 minutes. We have two regular features each week: Motion Control Watch aims to find either the smartest or the stupidest motion control product of the week and the Great British Debate pitches two hosts against one another on a particularly hot topic of the moment, all to the backing track of the Countdown theme.

We're currently at 16 episodes, although Episode 17 is out tomorrow (11th September) with Tom Champion of Eurogamer appearing as a guest host to talk about the Eurogamer Expo. We're pretty happy with the format of the podcast but would also like some general feedback on what people think from the videogame press.

You can check out the episodes here (http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/tag/ohmss) and can directly access episode 16 here:

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2010/09/sgcp-ohmss-16.html

Thanks for any feedback!

Jon

1 topics   1 posts
Listening to the past couple of episodes, I cant find really anything that should be addressed. Like you said the format is great, the convos between yourself and the hosts are always going and great made me smile on a few of them. Who ever is editing is doing a great job, the *bleep* is on time and not ear bleeding loud, the sound effects are also great.

All in all its great show, enlightening, humor, its all good. Keep up the great work.

0 topics   9 posts
Only a few mins in, and surprisingly brilliant so far, ^_^.

=P Took me entirely too long to spot that mp3 link on the page though.

14 topics   111 posts

Moderators: Tom