Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games I... » PR & Marketing    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Question for PR Professionals
I was wondering if anyone here can share insights about the major Press Release distribution services. The big three appear to be Businesswire, PRNewswire, and PRWeb. I use PRWeb because it is cheaper and emphasizes multimedia content. The other two, in addition to being more expensive, seem to be more popular with the Fortune 500s. Why? Are they in some way better? All offer tracking, analytics, and a wide variety of targeting options. Its possible I'll be doing some consulting work writing press releases for corporations, not necessarily in the game industry. Is there any rule of thumb about which service I should advise my clients to use?

By the way, if you google "Press Release Distribution" you will get page after page of links to distribution services, many of them free. Is there any point to using one or more of these in addition to one of the big 3 mentioned above? It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that any press release distribution service is in addition to my own media list of contacts and organizations I have developed over time. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the relative merits of the various distribution services. Thanks.

1 topics   1 posts
Jonathan,

From what I can tell you in my experience is that Businesswire is frequently turned to. When I've asked why I have been told that it was "just the best" distribution system. I will forward this on to a PR contact that I have that has been around for a fair amount of time and see if I can get you a better answer.

0 topics   1 posts

Moderators: Tom