Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Games I... » Events    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Game Event Virgin
So, I just got invited to a game event by a local developer. I'm so excited for this experience, and at the same time, I'm nervous beyond belief. Can anyone give me some pointers on the best way to get through one of these? What should I bring? How should I act? What are some of the things I should do? What kind of questions should I ask? How should I word my questions? Any help that you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 topics   2 posts
Just act like yourself en try to give your website a good name on that event. You should bring your camera with you so you have a memory from that event. Maybe a note to write some things about the event.

3 topics   31 posts
Which event is it?

8 topics   62 posts
Bring a note to write down keywords, maybe make pictures so you won't forget it all and make a bad name for yourself. Just act normal and don't go do strange things to make attention/publicity for your site. Keyword: Be cool!

2 topics   72 posts
Take a dictaphone, clearly. And plenty of tapes if it's an analogue one.

8 topics   62 posts
Lewis Denby wrote...

I would recommend an analogue one,  makes you look more experienced

5 topics   52 posts
I was playing around with the iPhone Voice Note app, and actually it works pretty well. Considering how broke-ass I am at the moment, I'm gonna have to go with that. Thanks for the advice though.

Oh yeah, I'm going to play the Conduit's multiplayer.

2 topics   2 posts
Lewis Denby wrote...

I would recommend an analogue one,  makes you look more experienced

I recommend the Zoom H4, makes you look legendary.

0 topics   6 posts

Eric Kotval
wrote...
I was playing around with the iPhone Voice Note app, and actually it works pretty well. Considering how broke-ass I am at the moment, I'm gonna have to go with that. Thanks for the advice though.

Oh yeah, I'm going to play the Conduit's multiplayer.

I have a better idea: You let me go 

2 topics   72 posts
I think I got that invite too Eric. Isn't it in Illinois somewhere?

1 topics   6 posts

Moderators: Tom