Search:
Location Search   Member Search
  Browse   Categories   Gameleo... » Forum rules &...    

Forum
Forum
Discuss and share thoughts and interests
Introducing Gameleon BASE, PRIME and PRO
You may have noticed when logging in we are experimenting with a new subscription method with three different accounts. The Gameleon BASE is the default account and you can do pretty much everything with it, except for publishing press releases and adding events.

The BASE accounts remain completely free. The PRIME accounts currently have the same functionalities as the BASE accounts, but are paid, though only 2 € per month. Consider the PRIME account members as donators to the Gameleon Network to help it getting better. We have been thinking of ways to restrict access to the Gameleon Network to only members that really want to participate in this networking hub and charging a small amount of money was one of the suggestions that crossed our minds.

The PRO accounts are mainly targeted towards PR Companies and other game related companies that want to publish press releases.

We are not expecting people to sign up for the PRIME accounts, but by introducing them we are seeking valuable feedback from the network. Have your say!

Spread the word! Invite your fellow game journalists to join.

6 topics   37 posts
Restricting access is all well and good but that also may deter people. People that work unpaid for online publications will find this place a great source of information and advice. Same could also be said for the people that are wanting to get into video game journalism or students with little money. I think keeping a free option would always be best but I would change the perks for the prime accounts and give people a reason to want to pay, which is the hard part. The biggest question would what do you offer the people that pay that would make it worth their while?!

Simon Weatherall
Assistant Editor
www.thisismyjoystick.com
3 topics   35 posts
I think PRIME is cool, but there needs to be a MEGATRON account in there somewhere, if you want it to all go off, ;-).

That said, the days of Grimlock vs Bludgeon were kinda cool, towards the end of the UK comic...until the Last Autobot brought Prime back as, er, an Action Master.....and then further down the line GI Joe rebuilt Megatron for Generation 2, and we had a really silly annual that year in pound shops, as well as colouring activity books. =P

14 topics   111 posts
Andrew M wrote...
I think PRIME is cool, but there needs to be a MEGATRON account in there somewhere, if you want it to all go off, ;-).

That said, the days of Grimlock vs Bludgeon were kinda cool, towards the end of the UK comic...until the Last Autobot brought Prime back as, er, an Action Master.....and then further down the line GI Joe rebuilt Megatron for Generation 2, and we had a really silly annual that year in pound shops, as well as colouring activity books. =P
could you have got any more off topic

Simon Weatherall
Assistant Editor
www.thisismyjoystick.com
3 topics   35 posts
It's getting Andrew's trademark to waffle around

The Gameleon Network is targeted towards both professional and volunteer members of the videogame industry’s press corps. It's not our goal to see unpaid writers pay for gaining access to the resources  here - and we are working on a solution for free PRIME accounts for active Gameleons. 

We are also thinking of adding additional functionality to the PRIME accounts, but all suggestions are welcome.

6 topics   37 posts
Like some said, you need to keep the Free option and give the people who donate a special button under their name or some other options. Atleast I can say I will donate 2 euros every month.

3 topics   31 posts
Sylvano Witte wrote...
Like some said, you need to keep the Free option and give the people who donate a special button under their name or some other options. Atleast I can say I will donate 2 euros every month.
I guess I have to reconsider my prejudices about Dutch people being stingy.   Thanks for subscribing to Prime, Sylvano!

The Gameleon PRIME button is now integrated on every Prime subscriber's profile, that's including yours.

6 topics   37 posts

3 topics   31 posts
Since I have a virtual hole in my hand - It's PRIME time. Just keep the Free option tough, since already someone stated that this site is visited by a lot of volunteering writers.

2 topics   72 posts

Moderators: Tom